Sunday, December 14, 2008

Playlist 3 (The Ultimate Bachata) + a brief update

Hello friend,

This entry is more of an update to life on Blogger as opposed to a unique, quirky, and mildly humorous post (that I often try to use).

As some of you may (or may not) have noticed, there is a new feature to my blog. Blogger has allowed users to include a music playlist powered by iLike. So every few days I will update the player with 3 songs. I call it the "Musical Coffee Break". You can find the MCB on the right column of the main page of the blog. There are no arcane messages hidden in the lyrics or the song choices. They just happen to be a few songs that you can listen to whenever you have a few minutes to spare. I thinking that every 2 weeks or so, I will post the list of MCB's that have been featured in case you missed it or want to DL the songs. Suggestions are welcome.

For a long time, I had some unresolved daddy issues. The holiday season usually would bring out some of the demons that I've felt were contained inside. Now that I've learned to deal with his "legacy", I've been able to look back at some of my writing from years ago that were inspired by him. In an upcoming entry, I will post some of the work and allow you to reflect on it and hope that none of you have had any similar experiences.

As for the end of this weekend, I have compiled the Ultimate Bachata list. With the emergence of "Urban Bachata" in the past year, I felt it was necessary to look back at the roots of Bachata when it became a popular music genre. I could have dug deeper and found some truly classic bachata but no one would recognize any of them... So, if you're not familiar with any of these songs, I'd recommend downloading them because I'm pretty sure you've heard them. And if it turns out you don't know them, then consider that your bachata music lesson. =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Ultimate Bachata playlist:
Raulin Rodriguez - Medicina de Amor
Frank Reyes - Quien Eres Tu
Antony Santos - Voy Pa Ya
Luis Vargas - Volvio El Dolor
Aventura - Obsecion
Raulin Rodriguez - Arrancame La Vida
Frank Reyes - Nada de Nada
Monchy y Alexandra - Dos Locos
Hector Acosta - Me Voy
Alex Bueno - Que Vuelva
Yoskar Sarante - Llora Alma Mia
Kiko Rodriguez - Ella Se Fue
Zacarias Ferreira - Si Tu Me Dices Ven
Joe Veras - Que Se Mueran De Envidia

Honorable Mentions:
Kiko Rodriguez - El Verde de Tus Ojos
Raulin Rodriguez - Nereida
Raulin Rodriguez - Mujer Infiel
Yoskar Sarante - No Tengo Suerte en el Amor
Yoskar Sarante - Guitarra
Zacarias Ferreira - Amiga Veneno
Zacarias Ferreira - Dame Un Beso
Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
Aventura - La Guerra
Frank Reyes - Te Regalo El Mar
Monchy y Alexandra - Perdidos
Junior y Jorge - Piensa En Mi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite having ripped it off of Stephen King (thanks for blowing up my spot, you-know-who-you-are), I will continue to thank you for your loyalty with my regular sign-off...
Until next time faithful reader...

No comments: