Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Childhood Poem (or Something Else I Dug Up)

Hey there,

I'll start by saying that I am not a hoarder though I do have pack rat tendencies. This morning, I was going through a pile of papers that I've kept from my high school years. It was nice to purge my apartment of the excess clutter that had gone unchecked all these years. There were so many memories that came rushing back to me (soccer on the Quad, the prom, that odd year where I had 3 different Chem teachers b/c my original Chem teacher - what was his name again?? - broke his hip after falling off of a stool).

In that chaos of dusty papers and old notebooks, I found this poem. There is a chance it may be from junior high school but the silliness of it brought a smile to my face! Enjoy y'all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
There's no chance in hell.
I'd go out with you.

Sugar is sweet.
Coal is black.
Do me a favor.
Go sit on a tack.

Snow is white.
Grass is green.
With you, in public,
I'd never be seen.

Flowers bloom.
The river flows.
What do you think I am?
One of your cheap hoes!?

Water is water.
Grass is grass.
Do me a favor
and wipe your ass.

You smell real bad.
You smell like shit.
Go take a bath.
You REALLY need it!

All in all,
what I have to say
is get a life
and have a nice day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[FYI, this was NOT written to me nor is it about me.]

=)

Hope you all go out and make the most of this Memorial Day weekend! And please take a moment this weekend to remember those folks who have served our country.

Until next time, faithful reader......

1 comment:

evspoetess said...

That was just straight up silliness. LMAO